Welcome



Gardening, cooking, crafting and being Nannie

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Why can't I have a phone?



My granddaughter is 8 going on 18.

This is a picture taken at Olan Mills almost 2 years ago.

Our conversation

Her-Nannie I need your phone.
Me-Okay
Her-Why don't I have my own phone?
Me-Cause you are 8 and don't need a phone. Who would you call.
Her-My friends. They all have phones.
Me-Well that is a question you need to ask your mom and dad.
Her-So you are saying I can't have a phone?
Me-I'm saying that is not a Nannie kind of question to answer, that is a mom and dad kind of question.
Her-So you are saying No, I can't have a phone.
Me-Don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying you have to ask your mom and dad.
Her-All the kids on the bus have a phone.
Me-Let's go eat.

She had me laughing out loud. We have the funniest conversations sometimes.

Have I told you I love being a grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment