Welcome



Gardening, cooking, crafting and being Nannie

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A sunny Saturday




I NEED sunshine in my life.

My mom had surgery on Thursday and did okay. The doctor had to remove 1/2 of her tongue. That just makes me cringe. She looked a lot better yesterday than she did the day of surgery.

He's not sure if she will need radiation or not (I hope not) and path isn't back on the lymph nodes.

I'm watching the robins in the back yard.

Sunshine and robins make me think things will get better for many including all those people in Japan. What a horrible thing to happen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's health battle, I pray things go well for her recovery and for you to stay strong through it all. My Dear Mom, who is almost 80, was just diagnosed with a tumor in her head... too old for surgery so we're hoping it doesn't grow any more.

    Thanks for visiting my tranquility Post... yes, Gardening is one of Life's great pleasures and wonders for me. Today I just bought a host of Hyacinths 50% off because some are spent... but their fragrance is still strong and some are still flowering and will enlarge my bulb collection for next Spring.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for sunshine, health, peace, comfort and love to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about the battle that your mother is facing...and glad to hear that the surgery went as well as can be expected.

    I hate the "c" word! I am a former elementary classroom teacher and my colleague's little boy has been battling neuroblastoma for 4-years. As a pediatric oncology nurse, I know that you know 4-years is an incredibly long time for such a deadly form of pediatric cancer. Gabe is truly a little angel on earth. He does each round of chemo/radiation/drug study like a champ. Diagnosed at age 2, he really doesn't remember life any other way. He is currently a kindergartner and I know that his parents are just thrilled that he has gotten to experience school and a bit of normalcy.

    I'll be keeping your sweet mother in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that some sunshine has come your way!

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete